ERP seems to have finally gotten a bona fide face. After years of trial and error, there seems to have finally emerged a solution that combines everything and offers the best usability under one umbrella. That new face of ERP is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. Not only does the suite give to organizations worldwide the opportunity to maximize financial visibility but also look forward to proactive operations and eventually profitability. With the help of D365 for Finance and Operations, companies get to take highly strategic financial decisions with artificial intelligence, automate their financial processes, reduce risk in global financial complexities, put in place intelligent manufacturing operations, optimize production and modernize warehouse management.
Microsoft has divided Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations into Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
By working on D365 Finance, companies will be able to monitor performances in real-time, predict future outcomes and take data-driven decisions to drive business growth.
- They will be able to successfully asses the financial health of their business, impose stronger control over it, optimize cash flow and decide faster to propel growth through real-time unified global reporting, predictive insights and embedded analytics.
- Companies will be able to enable smarter and faster actions, workspaces having become role-based thanks to embedded power BI that enables interactive data visualization. This will help them get a high-level view of key business metrics and an even deeper view of transactions in order to improve business performance. Additionally, companies will be able to automate time consuming tasks and cut down on errors and achieve more with integrated tools.
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations helps organizations reduce global financial complexities and risks involved. The suite lets them swiftly adapt to both local and global financial requirements, that keep changing every now and then in a dynamic environment. The rules-based chart of accounts and dimensions in the suite enables end users to accurately manage their financial operations in addition to letting them effortlessly manage frequently changing regulatory requirements through a no-code configuration service.
The other part of D365 Finance and Operations, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, helps companies run their operational processes very proactively, build an agile and well-connected supply chain and streamline planning, production, stock, warehouse and transportation through predictive insights and IoT.
- Organizations will be able to innovate with intelligent manufacturing, drive automation, cut down on downtime with the help of IoT and deliver on production planning in real-time through the planning optimization add-in.
- They will be in a position to modernize their entire warehouse management system, which means avoiding running out of stock and even overstocking with the help of machine learning and accelerating other inbound and outbound processes such as putting away and picking/packing/shipping with the helps of embedded Power BI analytics.
- Additionally, they will be able to optimize production performances by quickly identifying potential machine issues before they occur, avoiding downtime, increasing product quality and yielding using IoT. Moreover, they will also be able to improve their performance at work with the help of interactive learning solutions using mixed reality.
In a nutshell, given below are the advantages that organizations stand to gain by using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations:
- Organizations will be able to expand their horizons when it comes to financial performance by getting to make the most of new business opportunities via embedded analytics and centralized management intelligence.
- Through a single solution, they will become more apt at meeting different regulations imposed by different countries, through the solution’s country specific localizations.
- The solution will help them take smart and proactive decisions and consolidate other kinds of information, tasks and insights relevant to their tasks.
- They will be better prepared and positioned to help people work faster, smarter and more productively.
- The system’s adaptability supports all kinds of unique business requirements when the expansion phase begins. Thus, companies will be able to expand without worrying about anything.
- The single solution has a model-driven layered architecture, designed in such a way that companies maintain and perhaps further develop their unique business processes.
- They will be able to meet and adapt to ever-changing business requirements and accelerate deployment through the solution’s instant-on capabilities.
- They solution will allow them to upgrade to new releases with thorough ease and track assets at a very convenient pace.
- The advanced logistics management features will help optimize flow of materials and goods.
- Real-time insights obtained with the help of the solution will help organizations resolve critical business issues and improve product quality.
- The solution’s financial process automation, budget planning and control and encumbrance functionalities will help companies keep operational spend low.