Your business can be made or broken by marketing irrespective of your chosen sector. Therefore, for creating a fruitful marketing plan, a lot of effort and time is usually spent on it by brands. But it is not necessary that by performing the right activities and smart planning your marketing will be successful. It is important to know what is required to be done and what is not required to be done. Only then you can get success in marketing. It is applicable to small trades where chances of errors are very little. Now I am going to describe about 5 mistakes to avoid when promoting your small business.
1. Retargeting each bounced visitor – If you retarget a bounced visitor then it is a big mistake. It is not necessary that the visitor will visit your website and purchase the product if it is so good. It has been found that the cart was abandoned by 58.6 % people of the United States because they did not take any interest in making a purchase. The Baymard Institute has given this report. Before starting the checkout flow, most of these visitors bounced back. It will be considered as the wastage of resources if you retarget these kinds of people because a large number of these kinds of people are not interested in purchasing your items. The visitors may have visited certain pages and stayed there for a definite period. You need to segment those people on these bases and retarget them. On the other hand, there is no need to retarget the people who spent only a few seconds on your home page and then clicked away. If you will retarget everyone then your costs will increase but your revenue will not surely increase.
2. Not investing in Social Media Marketing – In the current marketplace you can market your trade by using a powerful tool known as social media. But it has been found that, regarding social media marketing, around 68 % small businesses are not serious. What is the reason behind this? For making investment in Social Media Marketing the essential resources and time are not present with small businesses. What are the ways to resolve this issue? The strategy of social media marketing can be effective if:
- You know the audience
- At one time you consider only a single platform
- You pick the success metrics of the key components
- You do the analysis of your metrics
3. Trying to create good content only – Nowadays content creation is the main focus of most of the marketers. There is no surety that you will get benefit from content creation by spending most of your marketing budget on it. It will be right for you if you will take advantage of user-generated content. In this way you can obtain better results.
4. Using most of the marketing budget for acquiring new customers only – Don’t spend too much money on acquiring a maximum number of new customers only. It is not going to benefit you. Always remember that among all the users visiting a website for the first time, a conversion of only 2 % web traffic occurs. You may make a lot of attempts in bringing the visitors to the website, but only a few of them will convert and it does not depend on whether you have done optimization of the website in a proper way.
5. Not making the proper usage of data – You need to properly utilize the data collected, only then you can get success in the online business. Quantity of the data is not important but what matters the most is its quality.
If you are hosting a corporate event and you want specialized organizers and event planners for it then contact Event Agency London.